Tutor Supported (TS)
For students taking Tutor Supported courses, the grade level placement is determined by a collective - student, parent, and tutor. The tutor will apply the agreed upon grade level placement change to the student’s enrollment. Additional changes can be made if necessary.
Independent Study (IS)
Parents may find that as their student progresses through an IS course, the grade level may need adjusting.
Follow the steps below to increase or decrease the grade level of a course. Please note, this feature is available from a Family Profile account for IS courses only.
- Log in to GiftedandTalented.com using your family profile username and password.
- On the top header, click on the “Learning Center”.
- If only one student is assigned to the account, the page will automatically load that account; if there are multiple students associated with the account, please look at the top left of the homepage and click on the tab of the desired student account.
- Once the page has loaded, look for the course to be adjusted on the right hand side of the screen.
- Immediately below the course name, the current grade level and a pencil icon will be displayed.
- Click on the pencil icon.
- A pop-up called Manage Grade Level will appear.
The pop-up will display the current unit and give you the option to move to more advanced content or simpler content. Each adjustment moves the student approximately one half grade forward or backward in the continuum of the curriculum and resets the student experience.
Please note: This control should only be used during the initial experience or after a long break as historical performance data will be cleared and lost. Repeatedly adjusting placement will result in improper behavior of the adaptive learning system and an inappropriate student experience.
Keywords: Grade, placement, move, up, down, test, level, skip, parent, independent study, IS, change, easy, hard, difficulty