Thank you for visiting the GiftedandTalented.com Privacy Notice. We are committed to ensuring the appropriate collection, use, sharing, and handling of your personally identifiable information, or PII. PII is information that can be used to identify you, or can be combined with other information in order to identify you.
At GiftedandTalented.com, we take the privacy and security of PII seriously. We've provided this Privacy Notice in order to offer you the details you require around the PII we collect about you, no matter what your relationship with us.
Our products are intended for the use by and in conjunction with parents and students. Since this includes students in the grades K-12 range, and due to the increasing focus on the security and protection of personal and student information, our privacy practices comply with applicable domestic and international privacy regulations.
This notice does not cover other organizations' sites that may be accessible via links on our sites. These sites have their own privacy policies and we encourage you to read them.
We may, from time to time, modify this Privacy Notice to reflect legal, technological and other developments. In that event, the changes will appear at this location.
Attn: Vincent Guzman
9227 Haven Avenue, Suite 210
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Or email us at: email@example.com
Please note that this notice applies to individuals who visit our commercial web sites or otherwise interact with us as customers via our web sites, social media, or at events. For details on our additional privacy practices for End-User information, please refer to the End-User Data Privacy section at the end of this notice.
We follow all privacy laws and regulations that are applicable to GiftedandTalented.com in the areas where we do business. You agree that by accessing our web sites or otherwise providing your personal information to GiftedandTalented.com, you accept this notice. It is your responsibility to fully read through this notice. If you do not agree to this notice, you may not access our web sites or otherwise provide your personal information to GiftedandTalented.com.
What is Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
Personally Identifiable Information, or PII, is information that can identify you, or when combined with other information can be used to identify you
Depending on the service or transaction, the PII that we collect on customers may contain the following categories:
- First name, last name, and/or initials
- Personal contact information and/or contact information at your place of business such as email address, phone numbers, or postal address
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address
What PII do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect PII, such as contact information or payment information, in order to provide you with the product and/or service requested.
We, or our service providers on our behalf, may collect PII and other information if you access and/or submit PII on one of our web sites or interact with us at an event. You are not required to provide PII, however in order to use certain services, we must collect PII in order for that service to function properly or to provide you with additional information. In general, we collect PII if it is necessary to provide, maintain, and improve the requested service, such as GiftedandTalented.com web sites or process transactions, such as information requests or purchases. It is your responsibility to ensure the integrity of the data you provide to us. You may contact customer service to update your PII.
We limit the use, collection, and disclosure of your PII to deliver the service or information requested by you. We do not collect, use, or disclose PII that is not reasonably related to the purposes described within this notice. Your information may be combined in an aggregate and de-identified manner in order to maintain and/or improve our services.
Depending on the service or transaction, the PII we collect may include information from the following categories:
- Name, initials or white page information
On our consumer web sites, we generally only collect your name, initials or contact information when you create an account or purchase a product on our online store. We may also collect your email address. We may also collect this information if you connect with us via your social media account as an existing or potential customer
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address
If you make an online purchase from us, in addition to your name, we may need to collect additional payment information, which includes billing and shipping addresses and credit card data in order to process your transaction. We comply with the most stringent industry practices, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), when collecting, and processing such information.
What other information do we collect?
We may also collect computer metadata and content to provide, improve, and maintain our products and services.
- Google: Various including AdWord Conversion, Analytics, Tag Manager, etc.
You can change your Web browser's Internet preferences to disable or delete cookies, although that may affect certain functions on this site. To learn how to manage your cookies, please follow the instructions for your specific browser.
If you wish to opt out of the use of data collected on our site to send you targeted advertising during your visits to other websites, go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://youronlinechoices.eu/.
Do we use your PII to market to you?
We may market to you as a customer, depending on your location, however you always have the option to change your marketing preferences.
Depending on your location, we may use your PII to provide you with materials that we believe are of interest. In some locations, such as the European Union, we will only market to you if you request such materials. In all instances, you may choose to change these preferences at any time by contacting our customer service or by sending an email to GiftedandTalented.com's privacy official. We will not share your PII with third parties for marketing purposes unless the organization is acting on our behalf and is contractually bound to only use your PII for those purposes. Please note, whatever preferences you select for marketing, you may still receive some transactional emails related to the services or products you purchase or use.
When do we share your PII with third parties?
In general, we only share your PII in order to provide, maintain, or improve our products or services, or respond to legal requests.
- Co-branded/Other Web Sites and Features – We may share your PII with third-party business partners for the purpose of providing the Service to you. Those business partners will be given limited access to the PII that is reasonably necessary to deliver the Service, and we will require that such third parties follow the same privacy and security practices as GiftedandTalented.com.
- Business Transfer – In the event of a sale, merger or acquisition, we may transfer your PII to a separate entity. This entity will be responsible for ensuring that your PII is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices customers and prospects have made under this notice, and that security, integrity and privacy of the information is maintained.
- Agents/Service providers – Sometimes we hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions for us. In certain instances, we provide these companies with access to your PII in order for them to perform their functions. However, we limit that access to only information required to perform their specific function, and we contractually require that these organizations follow the same privacy and security requirements.
- Contests and Promotions – If you participate in a contest or promotion with GiftedandTalented.com, we may use your information to provide, maintain, or improve our services, as well as, where permitted, contact you regarding materials in which you may be interested.
- Affiliates –In some instances, we may share your PII between with affiliated corporate entities and subisdiaries to provide, maintain, and improve GiftedandTalented.com
- Law Enforcement – In the event that we receive a legal demand for customer data from a law enforcement agency that request will only be honored if:
- The request complies with all laws and clearly establishes the legal need for disclosure.
- The request is related to a specific investigation and specific user accounts are implicated in that investigation.
- Whenever legally permissible, users shall receive notice that their information is being requested.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We reserve the right to disclose to third parties non-personally identifiable information about our users and their use of the GiftedandTalented.com websites and related services. We may disclose aggregate data about the overall patterns or demographics of the users of the GiftedandTalented.com websites to third parties.
What privacy controls and choices do we offer you?
You may review and correct your PII by contacting customer service.
- Reviewing & correcting your information – We strive to ensure that information we have about you is accurate and current. If you want to review the PII you have provided to us, or believe that the information we have about you is inaccurate, you should contact our customer service to review or update your PII.
- Choice – With limited exceptions, you may choose to change how we use your PII at any time by contacting customer service. However, if the PII is required to provide you with the service or process a transaction, you may not be able to opt-out without canceling the transaction or service.
How do we protect your PII?
Our IT security team has established industry standard security measures to protect your PII from unauthorized access and use.
We take every precaution to protect your information. When you submit personal information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. We utilize reasonable security measures to protect your PII from unauthorized access and use. We conduct regular scans of all of our applications to prevent and detect any possible security breaches. We recognize that no system is 100% secure, but do everything we can to prevent and mitigate any impact of adverse events.
Can you delete your PII?
You may request, via customer service, that we delete your PII; however it may limit your abilities to use our products or services.
At your request, in some instances, we may delete or de-identify your information. However, you should be aware that doing this may limit your use of our services. For example, if you request the deletion of your account within an ecommerce portal, you may be required to re-enter this information should you wish to make another purchase.
When do we store, transfer or process PII internationally?
Depending on your location, your information may be stored and processed within secure data centers in the U.S., where U.S. law applies. If your data is stored locally, then your local laws prevail.
We recognize and acknowledge current data protection laws in the European Union, Switzerland, and around the world. To comply, we have implemented model clauses within the organization to provide a legal mechanism for transferring data to the U.S.
Any questions or complaints regarding this notice or the collection, use, disclosure, or transfer of PII covered by this notice should be directed to privacy@GiftedandTalented.com.
End-User Data Privacy
As a global provider of digital learning systems, we are deeply committed to protecting the privacy of student data. The GiftedandTalented.com product is designed for students under the age of 13. As such, it complies with COPPA, FERPA, and other applicable privacy regulations. Consent for the collection of student personal information is provided by the customer who purchased access. If you are a student, your educational institution is ultimately responsible for the privacy of your PII. If you have any questions regarding the collection and use of your PII, please contact the appropriate individual at your educational institution.
The following reflects our privacy practices for end-user data within GiftedandTalented.com.
- When you register, or are registered within GiftedandTalented.com, we typically only collect your name, contact information, limited demographics, and date of birth. Once you begin using GiftedandTalented.com, we collect your performance data including input to questions, technical specifications, and other information about how you use the solution. We use this information to provide you with the service, as well as maintain and improve the service.
- We will not sell your PII to other organizations, nor will we send you advertisements using the information we collect while you use the solution.
- We will not share your information with any third party unless they are assisting us with providing, maintaining or improving the solution. If we do share your information, we only share it with those organizations that can commit to the same levels of privacy and security that we do.
- GiftedandTalented.com utilizes reasonable security measures to protect your PII from unauthorized access and use. Please contact customer service to review or request deletion of your information.